We do love to make birthday parties for our girls super special, adorable and memorable.
Whether she will be a queen, a princess or a simply the star, we want her to feel loved and special.
Together with mums and dads we present our guide to parties for girls.
Home or Party Out
One of the first considerations is where to hold the party. Hosting the party at a venue will cost more but the cost has to be weighed up against work and time-load. Party venues take care of time, food, activities, cleaning up, safety and fun.
As Kimberley puts it perfectly, "if you’re anything like me, once your kids hit school-age, it becomes a sanity-pleaser to outsource your child’s birthday parties to outside venues. The kids are generally louder, messier, more demanding and crave the variety".
There are also two types of HOME parties. One is where the parent provides the entertainment, the other is where a Party Company comes to you. These types of companies come in many varieties but we'll discuss them later.
Girls Party Guide | Top 10
We've broken the parties up into 2 groups, Home and Venue.
Home | Girls Party @ Home
- Art & Craft Party
- Bus Party - activity bus (it comes to you)
- Circus Parties & Workshops
- Climbing Wall (it comes to you)
- Farmyard | Reptile Party (farm comes to you)
- Jumping Castle | Trampoline
- Comedy / Magic Show
- Racing Cars
- Theme Party - where the girls dress up in theme with decorations and entertainment center around the theme
- Rockstar - Karaoke, Video, Pictures
Venue | Girls Party Hosted
Something I have done on purpose is not name venues. Beside being different depending on where you live, the idea here is to give you 'ideas' to work from.
Use the guide to decide the type of party you want and then find a venue.
- Play / Sports Centre - gymnastics, martial arts, multi sports, golf
- Bowling Alley
- Adventure / Water Park
- Disco & Rockstar - Karaoke, Video, Pictures
- Skating - Roller or Ice
- Cooking - yes chef!
- Movie - parties include movie, food and drink
and remember, some of these parties can be combined. Invite a face-painter along to a rockstar party for example.